Friday, February 25, 2011

How Do You De-pixelate A Japanese Movie

Prayer the most expensive in town (take 2) Prayer

On my last post I ended by saying that I enjoyed reading the ruling condemning the city of Saguenay to pay $ 30,000 to a citizen's freedom bullied because of the reciting a short prayer to before council. Thank you to my step-daughter, a lawyer by profession, who was eager to find on the web to send it to me. To facilitate my task, given the excessive length of the text, it took me time to highlight in yellow the parts necessary for understanding the trial. Definitely, it is with the right tools that we built the best house!
reading this report - although I still find ridiculous that we can go as far to destroy its own culture - allowed me to obtain valuable information about the context in which this story unfolded.

From what I understand, the fine of $ 30,000 is divided as follows: $ 15,000 in moral damages and another $ 15,000 in punitive damages. The moral damage is attributed to the victim for injury, while punitive damages is attributed to him who inflicts it. In our case, how the mayor of Saguenay can be perceived by the judge as having caused harm to a citizen merely for having persisted in reciting a prayer before the regular sessions of City Council? Well there is just not the problem it seems.

In a written verdict, we learn that during the Council session, just before Christmas 2007, Mayor Tremblay would permit a sarcastic remark against the complainant Mr. Simoneau. The latter, having sent the mayor a question on any folder, will be told by the mayor not to worry and go celebrate Christmas with the family. When Mr. Simoneau has resumed his seat, the mayor added, addressing the crowd: "Do not worry if Mr. Simoneau is stirred as it is he who does not agree with me in prayer and who complained! "Wow! Imagine yourself a little more. From there, Mr. Simoneau was a marked man. Telephone threats, derogatory comments, bullying at work, and more ... Police Saguenay same formal complaint against a criminal Jacques Tremblay, for harassing telephone calls.

Two things: First, I would have expected better of the first magistrate of the City of Saguenay. Since these facts have been brought to my attention, I suddenly feel a little less sympathetic to his cause. Clearly, the mayor has abused his position to afford the complainant's head and publicly humiliate him. Secondly, I believe that believers frustrated with the complaint of Mr. Simoneau has clearly missed an invaluable opportunity to practice several basic principles of Christian faith, is it necessary here to enumerate them? So much for the saga Simoneau vs. Tremblay.

Also, in my previous post I mentioned that the establishment of the Bouchard-Taylor had been a step in the right direction to try to see things more clearly with the immigration debate and reasonable accommodations. If I may, I make some clarifications on my opinion on the recommendations of the report of this committee: I am extremely disappointed and, thereby, totally disagree with the philosophy behind the suggestions of our two commissioners.

Basically, I agree that no multiculturalist ideology that wants to force us in the gorge the name of tolerance and acceptance of others, fear of being accused of racism that exists in the minds of those who despise their own heritage, even those who feel guilty simply require that they be respected on their territory. Enough 's enough of Politically correct left that closes the debate by demonizing the other as soon as he is too far right or too conservative. I am convinced that only weaken, blindly, by not being more firm with our immigrants. Our political elites are they so disconnected from reality as to think that serious problems Social caused by the softness of immigration policies like those of England and France, could not be repeated under the sky of our Belle Province? But these problems have already begun, like a cancer to insidiously erode our democratic way of life, established on Judeo-Christian values which are based on mutual aid, solidarity, justice, gender equality, etc. ...

I'm not a racist, I am a Canadian Francophone Quebec, a Christian and proud of it, quite willing to share my corner countries with whoever gets in return respectful of my values and my lifestyle, while being conscious of the privilege which is his, to be hosted in a country generally safe or a little hustle just to eat their fill. I am an imperfect but lucid, aware that it would be foolish and stupid on my part to insist that would satisfy my every whim socio-cultural, if I ever go into exile in another country, choice or by force of a tragic event.

Am I a citizen of a country that can still bring to power leaders who are able to hear my concerns ?? If this is not the case, I still hope that I serve a God that He hears me. So I have everything I need to continue ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment